What is an emergency repair?
An urgent repair is any work necessary to repair or remedy:
- A burst hot water service
- A blocked or broken toilet system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by the landlord for water, hot water, cooking, heating or laundry purposes
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- An appliance, fitting or fixture, provided by the landlord, which is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- Any fault or damage that makes the rented premises unsafe or insecure
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase in the rented premises
In the event of an urgent repair, please check and use our Maintenance Guide first to avoid any unnecessary call outs. Should you still have an urgent repair, please contact our preferred tradesmen on the emergency numbers under this guide.
Maintenance guide/tips for tenants
- Have you contacted your power company? There may be a fault in the street
- Have you checked with a neighbour? If you rent within a block of units it may be the Body Corporate that needs to be contacted for action.
- Have you checked your fuse box? There may have been an overload and the safety switch has been activated and needs resetting.
- Have you checked that one of your appliances is not faulty? Unplug all appliances in the house. Reset the safety switch in the meter box. Plug in the fridge and turn on the power point, check the safety switch. If the safety switch clicks off then you know that there is a fault with the fridge and you need to get it repaired. Otherwise connect one appliance at a time until the faulty appliance is located. You will be charged a service fee if an electrician is required and finds a fault with one of your appliances.
No Hot Water
Is your system Gas or Electric?
Have you arranged for the connection of your Gas or Electricity to the property?
If it is an Electric Hot Water System :
If it is a Gas Hot Water System :
- Have you checked to see if your hot water system needs refilling/topping up? There is normally a copper valve on electric hot water systems and an overflow pipe - Pull up this lever until a flow of water starts coming out of the overflow pipe. Check the fuse in the meter box to make sure it is turned on.
- Have you checked that the water tap on the hot water system itself is turned on?
- Have you checked to see if your pilot light has gone out? Some units can be easily relit - others may require a tradesperson. Check to see if the valve on the gas meter is turned on.
Lights Or Power Points Not Working
- Have you checked your fuse box? If there has been an overload the safety switch may need resetting.
- Check to see if the light globe is blown.
- Try the appliance in a different power point
Washing Machine Not Working
- Are the washing machine taps turned on at the wall?
- Make sure that the appliance is plugged in and turned on at the wall.
- Check that the lid is closing properly.
- If the machine has stopped half way through a cycle ask the tenant to make sure that they have not overloaded the machine or that it is out of balance - re-arrange the items evenly in the bowl and close lid.
Stove Element Not Working
- Check to see if it is gas or electricity. Make sure supply is connected to the property.
- Check auto igniter is working. Ensure element is correctly positioned on stove top. Sometimes pulling the element out and cleaning them and putting back in again can fix the problem.
Kitchen/Bathroom/Laundry Sink Blocked
- Have you tried using some draino to try and free the blockage?
- If the sink takes a long time to drain, remove all blockages from the plug hole and pour boiling water down the drain. Do not put fat and oil into the drain as these will clog up the pipes.
Dryer Not Working
- Make sure the dryer is plugged in and turned on at the wall.
- Have you checked to see if the filter needs cleaning out? Dryers can automatically shut down due to overload of lint in the filter.
Garage Remote Control Not Working
- Have you checked to see if the batteries have not gone flat?
- Have you checked the number code combination on the back to make sure that it is the same as the combination on the panel in the garage?
- Have you checked that the lever inside the garage is on "auto"? The lever is generally next to the control box inside the garage. You can either choose "manual" to operate the door with the key or "auto" to operate the door with the remote control.
- Have you checked that nothing is obstructing the door from opening.
Garbage Disposal Not Working
- Is it turned on at the switch underneath the sink?
- Have you attempted to reset the safety switch? This is normally a little red or black button underneath the bottom of the garbage disposal unit -This switch can be activated by an overload and simply needs to be reset.
- Is there a blockage in the sink/blades? IMPORTANT - Before putting hands down the sink to check for blockages - make sure unit is turned off at the wall and unplugged.
||0419 341 052
||1800 060 0076
||0418 397 297